RSC-TRD: Control of Complex Systems through Dimension Reduction Techniques (2018-2019)
This project addresses the control of heterogeneous systems of systems that interact in complex configurations. Based on these complex arrangements, control systems have to turn towards specifically designed tools and frameworks that could address the newly appeared challenges (e.g. integration and interaction of hardware devices into these systems). Control engineering is currently facing issues like geographical distribution, remote control, and scalability.
To address some of these new challenges, the project makes use of the concept of networked control systems, due to its advantages of flexibility and configurability. The networked control systems problem can be: control of the network which involves all the challenges related to the communication network; or control over the network which refers to distributed control design based on the physical network.
This project has ended.
Project leader George Cristian Flutur
Core Team Monica Patrascu, Tudor C. Ionescu, Florin Stoican, Andreea Ion
This work is supported by University Politehnica of Bucharest, through the research grant Control of Complex Systems through Dimension Reduction Techniques, contract no. 4/15.10.2018 of the GNaC 2018 ARUT Programme.
- Ion, A. and Patrascu, M., 2019, June. A Scalable Algorithm for Self-Organization in Event-Triggered Networked Control Systems. In 2019 18th European Control Conference (ECC) (pp. 2725-2730). IEEE.
- Necoara, I. and Ionescu, T.C., 2019, June. Parameter selection for best H2 moment matching-based model approximation through gradient optimization. In 2019 18th European Control Conference (ECC) (pp. 2301-2306). IEEE.
- Ionescu, T.C., Iftime, O.V. and Zhong, Q.C., 2019, June. Model reduction by moment matching: case study of a FIR system. In 2019 18th European Control Conference (ECC) (pp. 2319-2324). IEEE.
- Stoican, F., Prodan, I., Grøtli, E.I. and Nguyen, N.T., 2019, July. Inspection Trajectory Planning for 3D Structures under a Mixed-Integer Framework. In 2019 IEEE 15th International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA) (pp. 1349-1354). IEEE.
- Ioan, D., Olaru, S., Prodan, I., Stoican, F. and Niculescu, S.I., 2019, July. Parametrized hyperplane arrangements for control design with collision avoidance constraints. In 2019 IEEE 15th International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA) (pp. 1591-1596). IEEE.
- Ioan, D., Olaru, S., Niculescu, S.I., Prodan, I. and Stoican, F., 2019, June. Navigation in a multi-obstacle environment. from partition of the space to a zonotopic-based MPC. In 2019 18th European Control Conference (ECC) (pp. 1772-1777). IEEE.
- Ioan, D., Prodan, I., Stoican, F., Olaru, S. and Niculescu, S.I., 2019, July. Complexity bounds for obstacle avoidance within a zonotopic framework. In 2019 American Control Conference (ACC) (pp. 335-340). IEEE.
- Prodan I., Stoican F., and Loumbet C. 2019. Necessary and sufficient LMI conditions for constraints satisfaction within a B-spline framework. In 2019 IEEE 58th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) (pp. 8061-8066) & IEEE Control Systems Letters, 4(1), 79-84
- Ioan, D., Olaru, S., Prodan, I., Stoican, F. and Niculescu, S.I., 2019. From Obstacle-Based Space Partitioning to Corridors and Path Planning. A Convex Lifting Approach. IEEE Control Systems Letters, 4(1), pp.79-84.
- Stoican, F. and Irofti, P., 2019. Aiding Dictionary Learning Through Multi-Parametric Sparse Representation. Algorithms, 12(7), p.131.